Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bosnia, baby! day 2

Ended up going to bed around 1:00 last night and woke up before 7.

Opened the window and listened to some more Turkish music from a taxi.

Worked out then ate this delicious breakfast! Have to be honest, wasn't a fan of the yogurt, but the scrambled are the best in the Balkins, I'm convinced.

For the next three hours we went on the best walking/bus tour so far. Maybe it's because I'm in the city I wanted to visit the most. We visited the tunnel that took 4 months and 4 days to build. It was 800m and it's the path the Bosnians used to escape or bring supplies in starting from 1993. We also visited the bridge where Franz Ferdinand was assassinated by Gavrilo Princip. YES!! cool stuff, man.

Along the way, I bought some Bosnian-made slippers (19KM), dried plums (NOT prunes, 2KM for 1.5kilos), a Turkish scarf (15KM), and local honey (6KM). Score. Oh, I also bought a pillow for 5KM. The one I have at home is who knows how old...

I still need pants. You know, the loose kind like Aladin wears. more or less.

Time is running out and I have more Serbian Dinars than hairs on my head. Something like 2000. They are really hard to convert outside of Serbia. I knew I should have bought those boots yesterday...

We leave again tomorrow morning for Dubrovnik.

No comments:

Post a Comment