Friday, September 30, 2011

Babysitting Day 1

No time to write about Munich. If you're really interested, just look at my fb pics...=) they say it all.

I met a lady down at Manor after Music class today at 17.30. And I just got back at 23.30.

It was suppose to be a meeting and interview, I thought. Little did I know I'd be introduced to the whole family and I'd be at their house that night.

The family is from Kazakhstan and primarily speaks Russian. The youngest child didn't speak english at all. This wasn't a problem for us, though. A boy is a boy in every language. After an intense game of "uno, duo, estuo" and some piggy back rides, we were inseperable.

His older sister loved it when I read the one english book they had to her--Barbie and the Three Musketeers. The two of us played Musketeers until she declared she wanted to go to bed at 20.30.

I have to mention this: the mother fed them dinner while I was there. She gave them sliced and peeled cucumbers with this delicious-looking soup with chunks of salmon in rice and carrots and some other green vegetables. The boy wasn't eating his meal and I was tempted to eat it myself. Haha, but I controlled myself.

It was a wonderful evening away from books, Franklinites, and the Franklin Plague that one of my roomies is afflicted with...

Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment