Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mix a tablespoon of honey and some white sugar to make an awesome facial scrub. Spread the inside of an avacado over dry skin to moisturize.

Enough of the natural remedies! I'm starting classes and UNLV tomorrow morning!!

Between 9:00 and 15:00, my mom and I ran around UNLV campus registering for classes, figuring out payments, unlocking passwords, creating accounts, and securing an apartment.

This isn't a quiet campus. There was a truck blasting music and grilling hamburgers next to it. The cafeteria had every US fast food chain I would ever need in my life : Jamba Juice, Subway, McDonalds, Greens-to-Go. A few guys came around while were were standing in line at the registrar handing out free samples from Jimmy Johns.

What caught me off guard was how casual everyone was. I was wearing my brown boots, Bosnian jackets, and a nice scarf but that seemed to be too much here. I was a bit out of place, even in comparison to the people who were more dressy. Well, I guess anything goes in Vegas.

The housing I have is impressive. I'll have three other roommates, a private bathroom with tub, and a walk-in closet. I even have enough space in my room to bring my keyboard! I didn't get the floorplan I wanted, but se la vie. I registered late. In and around the main office is a tanning salon, a modern gym,  a cyber cafe, hot tub, 3 resort-style pools, a poolside theater, a grilling area, poker tables, and a pool table. (But no recycling.)

So it's a season of firsts. Thank you Andrea for your motivating words of encouragment! We both know these adjustments aren't always easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment