Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve, Last Day of Meaningful Existance

The amount of pictures I've taken has decreased dramatically and it's raining.Both are sure signs that it must be time for a big change.

My stomach has been in a huge knot the past three days and I just don't want to think about what I'm going back to. I have to live with my parents

 and suffer. ew.

 Not only that, I will be immersed in a touristy culture that doesn't have adequate public transportation or any grasp on the meaning of respect. I guess Vegas can be easily confused with Barcelona, but that's why their touristy. They're meant for short term durations, not for living comfortably. Yes, each city has it's fun, shimmery, light-hearted side. But it's shallow. Everything is based on alcohol, spending exuberant amounts of money, and raunchy behavoir. (Don't get me wrong, there is a world of difference between "raunchy" and "sexy". They are not equal, but opposites).

I'm quickly loosing hope on returning to Spain/Switzerland soon. My parents are keen on having me attend University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It's not a bad university by any means, it's just not where I see myself. I never had a dream University that I wanted to attend when I was in high school. I had my hopes high on attending Universite de Lausanne in Switzerland but they don't want my u.s. american credits. I don't think Spain will be as particular.

(That awkward moment you remember your socks and favorite pair of underwear are hanging out the window at a hostel in a different city).

On the smiley side, I found a pair of pants that fit (!) at Zara, on sale. They're in that salmon pink color popular in western europe. I went for a walk around the Zoo and saw some monkeys...I've been drinking coffee like an addict (because the world knows a cup of Starbucks coffee in the US is nothing short of 4.00 USD, nor is it particularly good).

No comments:

Post a Comment