Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello my Dear Readers!

I´m very sorry for not keeping up with my blog. My only excuse is this: I have nothing to say. I didn´t want to bore you with my everyday routine. It can be monotonous, yes, even in fabulous Las Vegas.

In any event, here is something you may find interestering...

The other day, my mom came over with a bag full of milk cartons. This wasn´t your typical ¨low far¨or ¨whole¨, nope. She had brought me alternative milks.

Flaxseed, Coconut, Almond, Hazelnut, and Hemp.

I must have been happier than George Washington without the regret of chopping down that cherry tree. It was that liberating.

Naturally I started with the Hemp milk. The following is my comprehensive review:


Although I was expecting a watery consistency, the hemp milk was thick and it poured out smoothly. Surprising for a non-dairy beverage. It had an off'white color, nearly beige, but it wasn´t completely homogenous. It had, for lack of a better description, tiny black dots throughout. They didn´t have any taste, just something I wasn´t used to seeing in milk. (Yes, I checked the expiration date...not for another ten months).  It has a surprisingly high nutritional content, as well: Calcium, Vitamin D, Riboflavin, and Phosphorus are on top. This kind of hemp was the unsweetened kind and after this, I would never buy the kind with flavors. It was too refreshing. It already a hint of brown rice syrup and I think that shines through enough. Overall, I am impressed with this product (Pacific brand, all natural Hemp non-dairy beverage, original). I would buy it again, and maybe even put some in my coffee or with my Crema de Orujo...


And as I write to you know, I´m sitting in my apartment with the sun streaming through the blinds, listening to Chopin´s Mazurkas, and drinking some Hazelnut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment